OS Map is a tool to turn your Android phone into a handy Ordnance Survey map, with your GPS position pinpointed on it!
· Nearly all OS Map scales available (including 250,000 and 50,000).
· Touch-scrolling - simply use your finger to drag the map around.
· Fast resume from standby and fast position updates.
· No subscription fees - uses the free OpenSpace API.
· Custom waypoint support.
· Get your location as a grid reference.
· Includes a moving, overlaid magnetic compass!
· Smooth panning.
· Detailed location information.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed waypoint compass - now points in the right direction. Ahem.
· App no longer crashes if no location sources available (e.g. GPS and Wireless Locations turned off).
· Spelling of "Centreing" altered following widespread criticism.
· "Loading" screen no longer gets stuck. Hopefully.
· Search - returns results from the Ordnance Survey Gazetteer, ordered by distance.
· Waypoints updated to allow custom names (thanks to Simon Harper for suggestions).
· Quota checking (Preferences -> Check Remaining Quota).
· Added emergency position information if no internet connection - this provides your current grid reference for location on a paper map or the emergency services.
· Option to keep screen on while getting position fix (power on/off works as normal).
· Customise information text colour
· Disable loading screen (bug should be fixed, but added option anyway).
· Android 1.6 (Donut) compatible