Google Play services - Google Play services is used to update Google apps and apps from Google Play.
This component gives you access to Google Settings and helps apps speed up offline searches, provide more immersive maps, and improve performance.
Apps may not work if you uninstall Google Play services. You probably need this component.
What's New in This Release:
· Services for Android wearables - Your apps can more easily communicate and sync with code running on Android wearables through an automatically synchronized, persistent data store and a reliable messaging interface.
· Play Games services - Build a great gaming experience with Quests, which allow event-based challenges for players to complete for rewards, Saved Games (a snapshot API allow synchronization of game data along with a cover-image and description), and Game Profile (providing experience points for players).
· App Indexing API - Surface deep content in your native mobile applications on Google search and drive additional user engagement.
· Google Cast - Use media tracks to enable closed-caption support for Chromecast.
· Drive - Sort query results, create offline folders, and select any mime type in the file picker by default.
· Wallet - Build a "Save to Wallet" button for offers directly into your app; use geo-fenced in-store notifications to prompt the user to show and scan digital c...
What's New in 4.1.31:
· The latest release of Google Play services includes new Turn Based Multiplayer support for games, and a preliminary API for integrating Google Drive into your apps. This update also improves battery life for all users with Google Location Reporting enabled. Once the rollout has completed, you'll be able to download the SDK using the Android SDK manager and get started with the new APIs.
What's New in 3.2.25:
· - Bug Fixes
· - Google+ profile, social graph, and sharing APIs